Search Tools

Google

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Donna - I miss You

I see you hanging off the cliff
Your strength to hold is waning
Too many pounding waves - too many jagged edges
Your struggle is so obvious - yet the distance is so large

I would give all to grab you up
I would give all to give you strength
I would give all to stop despair
I would give all to always be there

You've been shattered way too often
You subsist from day to day
Your accomplishments you disregard
Your security is a complete illusion

I desperately want to make you hang on
I desperately want to repay your support
I desperately want to help build your life
I am desperate to shine your light

Never will you accept pity
Your tongue is a two-edged sword
You acerbic wit dares us to help
But once earned - your loyalty is a given

As I leave from our short visit
The tears roll down my face
My failure shouts jeers at me
My heart screams I'm way too late

I cannot grab you up
I cannot give you strength
I cannot stop despair
It is not enough to just be there

The loss of hope has won
Your body just gave up
The dance is over - the sun has set
I will never be able to repay the debt

If I just could have grabbed you up
if i could just have grabbed you up........................

No comments: