Search Tools

Google

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Winter Doldrums????

OK - Christmas and New Years are over and it's time to get back to the old grind... I can feel the winter doldrums settling in and so I've decided it's time for a vacation!

We love to ski and thought of going to Denver to visit my brother - we can go to Breckenridge to ski and visit family as well.

Bermuda is not too far from the east coast and rates aren't too bad. We've thought about some type of trip to Bermuda, but my youngest son says we can't go because the Bermuda triangle will get us! LOL.....

Baltimore is not too far for a car trip. I'm just not sure visiting the harbor in January or February is the way to go. It might be way too cold, but the hotel rates should be lower than during peak season.

I know there are plenty of other places around here, but I can't for the life of me figure out what they are. I just think we need to get away even if it's for a weekend. Someplace where the kids can wear themselves out with physical activity.......

Hmmmm- I'll have to think about this some more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A weekend away can do wonders, especially in the winter. I am thinking of renting the cabin at the lake soon myself :)

Anonymous said...

It's definitely a change of energy after the New Year...I kinda like the quiet of it...and knowing how fast a year goes, I know it will be holiday time in not time!