Search Tools

Google

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Happy (Almost) Birthday to me!!!

OK - tomorrow's my birthday. I will not pretend to be 29 again or wish for the "good old days." I firmly believe age is a blessing. It brings wisdom, courage and security for those who learn the lessons life present over time. Also - I think that for women, increased age brings some positive changes. We get to a point where we become so much more self-confident and have no problem prioritizing our lives based upon our needs. We no longer need the accolades of others to feel successful or secure. In addition, women start really saying what we feel. I've noticed older women don't beat around the bush quite as much. If we think you're doing something stupid, we'll tell you straight out. ha ha -

Perhaps - the teenagers of today will not have one inkling of understanding of the phases of life I'm going through. But - then again - life is much different for those growing up now than it was in the 70's and 80's.

So - are you ready?? I will be 38! Woo hoo.....

No comments: