Search Tools

Google

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Dog and I are on a Schedule



About 5:00 every day, I get a call from my oldest son to pick him up from track practice. Opie, the dog, and I go to pick him up every day.



We always thought our dog wasn't too smart, but I may have to change my opinion. He seems to know exactly when my son calls to pick him up. The phone can ring during the day, and Opie ignores it. I can get up to go run errands and Opie ignores me. But - let the phone ring about 5:00 and Opie's instantly at the door, doing his little whine and plea for a ride in the car.

Luckily, we live in the country and I can drive slow through the back roads to the school. He sticks his head out the window and just thoroughly enjoys the ride. Because he's got those big floppy ears, his ears often flop up and he ends up looking like a bat.

What do you think?

No comments: