Search Tools

Google

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Blue Angels Crash

I've been so busy lately I haven't had a chance to read the news for a couple days. I just logged onto CNN.com and saw the news about the Blue Angels crash. I remember about 7 years ago, I took my little kids to see the Blue Angels in Fort Worth, TX. We drove up to the airfield, but couldn't even get close to the highway exit due to traffic. So - we passed the exit and saw cars parked on the side of the highway trying to watch it. We followed the pattern and found an open spot to park at. The kids got out and I leaned up against the car to watch. It was amazing. Even though I wasn't real close, I could easily watch all the maneuvers and was just astounded how close those airplans come to each other without crashing. My oldest son also got involved watching the planes - at least the fast ones that did turns. My 3 year old? fuhgettaboitit.... He was chasing grasshoppers in the grass, but he was happy and away from traffic so that was OK.

I really enjoyed the maneuvers the Blue Angels showed to us. Their skill and expertise has remained as one of my favorite memories from our time living in Texas. I'm just so sad that today all did not go well. My heart goes out to the pilots, their friends and their family.

No comments: