Search Tools

Google

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Update on us!

After much consideration, Mike and I have decided that I will be staying home and doing freelance work. I've worked in the corporate world for 13 years, but I have really gotten used to being home for the kids to go to school and being here when they come back! Of course - my peace and quiet is shattered once they walk in the door, but that's OK as well.

I enjoy the freelance writing and market research projects I'm doing and can envision myself doing this for years! In addition, I started a family tree project on my husband's grandparents and their entire family. It's very interesting to see how far his family tree goes back and stories I've been able to find about their ancestors. It turns out that one of their ancestors is reported to be Pocahantas' cousin! I'll be doing some more fact-checking on that, but so far it appears to be valid! I've been using www.ancestry.com for this project and absolutely love the site, but sometimes am overloaded with too much information.

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to see that something so good has come from such a rotten day for you and many others. It is interesting that out these negative moments in our life, we find new direction we might never have taken. I'm thrilled to see you shining!

Joys Of Living said...

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's been said that when a door closes, look for the open window.

Have a great day!